The Nigerian Government has officially dumped the plastic National ID card for the digital ID card and this is a good development from the Nigerian government
This vital information was provided by the Minister of Interior, Mr Rauf Aregbesola in a meeting with journalists. He further said, Immediately the National Identification number (NIN) is given to anyone, the Individual is automatically captured in the databank domiciled with NIMC (National Identity Management Commission) the individual can easily be traced anywhere.
So whenever you go to any Government or private institutions domiciled with NIMC, you must provide your NIN number and all information about you will be used.
Let us proceed on the steps on how to check and print out your digital Identity number in Nigeria.
How To Check and Print Out Your Digital Identity Number in Nigeria
The steps below will show you how to check and print your digital ID number in Nigeria;
- Download the NIMC (National Identity Management Commission) mobile application on playstore (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nimcmobile&hl=en) or IOS (https://apps.apple.com/ng/app/nimc-mobileid/id1500621463)
- Then supply your NIN and your registered phone number and hit the next button on the far right. (Do not input your Bank Verification Number also known as BVN )
- Read the attestation and hit “I Agree” if you’ll like to continue the process.
- Input your desired pin number twice and click the finish button.
- Congrats, you’re finally in. Your digital ID number or digital identity number will be displayed
- You can also download or screenshot as the case may be and print it out immediately.
How To Get Your NIN
To get your NIN, dial *346# on your registered phone number