After vewing my friends WhatsApp status, I always wonder how I can save their videos, images and GIFs that were uploaded on their status, and if I don’t find a way to save these videos or images or gifs that were uploaded within 24hours I won’t be able to save them anymore. you may be wondering why I said, “I need to find a way to save the videos or images or gifs that were uploaded within 24hours” right?
Back in February, WhatsApp made the “Status” feature official. WhatsApp status lets WhatsApp users share photos, videos, and GIFs which disappear automatically after 24 hours.
This is pretty similar to Snapchat, Facebook and Instagram Stories, where the things you upload get removed automatically after 24 hours.
Creating a WhatsApp Status is very easy and if you want to view someone else’s status then you can do that by going to the Status tab on WhatsApp. But what if you want to save WhatsApp Status?
WhatsApp Status updates are perishable by nature. Unfortunately, WhatsApp does not offer an “official” way to save these videos, images or gifs that are uploaded on WhatsApp status. Some users do take screenshot to save images uploaded on WhatsApp status, but what about the videos? Even the screenshots fail to keep the image in the same quality as it is uploaded on WhatsApp Status.
Well, if you own an Android phone, then you’ll be delighted to know that you can save WhatsApp Status videos, photos and gifs by following these simple steps listed below.
How to save WhatsApp Status on your Android phones With and Without an App
There are two ways to save the WhatsApp Statuses easily. The first way is saving WhatsApp status using a dedicated app and the second way is saving WhatsApp status without an app. Both of them are explained in detail below:
How to save WhatsApp Status without an App
The only way you to save Whatsapp status without an app is via file manager, Let me explain how you can save WhatsApp status using file manager.
How to save WhatsApp status manually using File Manager
WhatsApp saves the status files (photos/videos) locally on the phone. But these are erased after 24 hours. So, what you can do is to copy them out of the temporary folder and save them to a safe location. Here’s how:
- View the status which you want to save. This will make a temporary copy of the same on the phone’s storage.
- Open your File Manager app – Files, File Manager, Solid Explorer; etc.
Enable “show hidden files”.
- You need to open the settings of your file manager and set it to show hidden files. Solid Explorer users can follow this guide to enable hidden files.
- Navigate to the WhatsApp folder – Internal storage > WhatsApp > Media > .Statuses.
- Copy the photos/videos which you want to save.
- Paste them into a different folder.
That’s it! The copied photos or videos will be stored forever. You can access them later by opening the folder where it was copied to.
Note: You will need a File Manager app to perform this. Most android phones have it installed automatically but if you don’t have file manager on your android phone, you can always install one on Google Playstore.
How to save WhatsApp status using an App
You can avoid the complexity and rely on a 3rd party app to save your friend’s WhatsApp Status. The app will automatically collect the statuses which you have seen and show them in an organized manner. I will explain to you how to save WhatsApp status with an app.
If you are using WhatsApp business and you are finding difficulty in saving your friends or colleagues status, you can follow the same steps below
- Open Play Store on your Android and install – Download Status Saver (which is recommended by us, we will explain why at the end of this post). You can also click on link below to open it in your browser/Play Store.[su_button url=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teevibe.statussaver” target=”blank” background=”#ef372d” size=”5″ icon_color=”#f10711″ rel=”nofollow”]Download Status Saver from Google Play Store[/su_button]
- Open the app and allow the app to access photos, media and files on your device. Because that’s how the app will read the storage to collect WhatsApp Status images.
- Open WhatsApp and view the statuses which you need to save or download.
- Select the images or videos which you want to save and tap on the download button.
- Images or videos which you save will be stored on the internal storage of your phone.
That’s it! You have just saved your friend’s WhatsApp status/story and it will be kept forever.
You can now access saved statuses on the gallery of phone. If you need to access the folder directly, you can open your File Manager app and click on Internal storage > Download > Status Saver.
The reason why we recommend “Download Status Saver” is because;
- With the app you can also download images and videos on Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Likee, WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business.
- It is simple to use
- It has an easy interface
- The app doesn’t require too much space on your device.
Download the app now and enjoy all it features.
This app can be used by those using WhatsApp and WhatsApp business.
[su_button url=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teevibe.statussaver” target=”blank” background=”#ef372d” size=”5″ icon_color=”#f10711″ rel=”nofollow”]Download Status Saver Now!!![/su_button]